Friday, August 21, 2015

The Decisions

Hello Hello Hello!

I have never been a believer in the quarter life crisis, but by golly it does exist. Decisions, decisions, decisions... Over the past several months, I have made more life altering decisions than I ever thought possible. (read: a million thank yous to my perfect mother and work-wife Holly for being there and post-it note company thank you for existing).

It would be dramatic to say I am incapable of making a decision in a timely manner. But, it would be perfectly fair to say I am very indecisive. Exhibit A: I was having pillowcases monogrammed and after 30 minutes discussing options with the boutique owner and calling my mom I decided on a font and color. The following morning I called back to revise the original order and the owner assured me they hold my stitching until a full 24 hours have past since my last call.... so yeah, it has become a problem.  Prolonged decision making, of course, has its pros and cons. Pros: all choices are very well thought out, seldom regret the final decision, become very knowledgeable on the topic due to hours of research. Cons: Completely miss out on an opportunity because it took me too long to decide which causes a lack of peace.

There is a direct association between my mood and level of peace - as it prohibits me from living in the present. I worry about what could possibly maybe happen if I choose the "wrong" option. For years, I chose to postpone decision making as long as possible due to fear of the unknown.  This resulted in a lot of time wasted because I was too focused on the future instead of being in the moment.  I was stuck and I knew it. Several months ago I made an initial decision to make decisions. Choosing to say yes, or no (I think we forget that saying no is as equally important as yes) has made me happier than I ever imagined.

I am thrilled to announce that I decided to (drumroll please!!) change my address, take organic chemistry II class, apply to dental school, stop dating toxic good looking men, start dating a wholesome good looking man, call my grandmother, moisturize, cook something, skip a workout class to see a friend, get more than six hours of sleep, read magazines, spread happiness, and enjoy delicious things. Although, that last one, I determined, was more of an excuse than decision - I let the delicious things get out of hand and now my pants don't fit. So, today I decided to start blogging regularly (thanks for the inspiration Rach) and enjoy delicious things in moderation.

Other than dining out of campus snack machines and viewing out-of-my-budget property management websites here is what I have been enjoying.

Reads


Eats


Xo, Kate


I choose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS